What is included in our Careers Advice?
We offer information on:
- Learning opportunities to suit you
- English and Maths support and qualifications
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Business and qualification training opportunities
- Pathways to work, CV’s & job searching
- Fee reductions and support with travel, materials and childcare
- 16 – 19 Bursaries and Advanced Learning Loans
- On-course support
- How you can get more detailed learning and careers advice and guidance.
For careers advice and guidance:
- We work in partnership with Ansbury, a National Careers Advice provider
- Ansbury advisors visit our centres on a regular basis
- You can also get information, advice and guidance about careers by going to: The National Careers Service website or calling 0800 100900
- Get help with writing your CV & research hundreds of jobs descriptions
- For information, advice and guidance about training and learning.
Do you already have an idea about the type of career or sector you would like to work in? Would you like to find out more about the skills, experience and qualifications that you need to succeed? Take a look at some job profiles here:
We recommend that you also book an appointment with a Careers Adviser or our Learning Adviser.
For more information on any of the above or to make an appointment with a learning adviser, or careers adviser, please telephone the Customer Service Team at Skills & Learning Bournemouth, Dorset & Poole on 01202 262300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Searching & Employability:
Skills and Learning is the largest provider of quality job clubs in the county and we are proud to support many people with their pre-employment needs at locations throughout Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole.
- To look for jobs, or to upload your CV for Job Centre Plus, log into Universal Job Match
- Search for Apprenticeships
You will find a warm welcome at our friendly and relaxed job clubs. Whether you have been mandated to attend or just want to pop in to update your CV, come along, you do not need to enrol. These drop in clubs will support your job search activities & help you to develop your computer skills.
To find out about other local colleges
To find out about local Higher Education providers, the OU & student loans
To find out about careers in Teaching & Childcare