Skills & Learning offers a wide selection of Family Learning courses across Dorset. These courses are designed to help the well-being and development of vulnerable families and their children: Early Years Foundation stage right through to Key Stage 3.
Family Learning benefits the whole family with many Children Centres and schools’ reporting improvements in children’s learning when families have attended. Some courses are designed to support adults learn together with their children whilst others focus on parents and carers. Achievement by parents and carers often has the effect of raising aspirations across the whole family. Parents progress to further training and employment, higher education and career development.
Some examples of our courses include:
- Healthy Eating – Fun with Cooking
- Supporting Language Skills – Living in the UK
- Supporting Family Relationships – Family Wellbeing
- Supporting families experiencing Domestic Violence – Empowerment
- We also offer a range of courses designed to support English, maths and employability skills
- Family Cyber Safety
If you would like to know about the courses running in your area or if you would like to enquire about running a Family Learning course at your venue please contact Customer Services on 01202 262300.