Flex2Learn Project in Dorset
Do you work or are you looking for work in care? Would you like to improve your skills but find it hard to commit to a class at the same time every week?
Yes? Our Flex2Learn project in Dorset could be for you!
We have been awarded funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency to work alongside Learn Devon and Somerset Skills & Learning to trial a variety of learning platforms and delivery models to evidence the most effective flexible learning platform and delivery style.
The Flex2Learn project is for people either working in the care sector or people considering working in the sector. The pilot will come to an end on 31st March 2019. We will then review which model was the most effective, and use this information to inform our future programming.
We will be offering:
English: Level 1 and 2
Maths: Level 1 and 2
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages): Level 1 and 2*
ECDL Level 2*
in each of these delivery models:
- 100% Classroom, but at different times to fit around shift work or caring responsibilities (option for employers only)
- 75% Online study with webchats and some workshops
- 100% Distance/online learning
- 75% Classroom study with some online activities and webchat.
All the Level 2 care-related qualifications will be offered 100% distance learning.
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care*
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems*
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities*
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for Children and Young People*
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges*
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties*
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care*
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health*
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention of Infection in Health Control Settings*
- Level 2 Principles in End of Life Care*
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes*
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading*
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity*
- Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness*
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children’s and Young Peoples’ Mental Health*
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions*
*If you are unemployed or are earning under £15,736.50pa, you will be entitled to this training fully funded. If you are in work and earning over the threshold, the * qualifications will incur a cost. Please contact a member of the project team to discuss cost.
If you are interested in being part of the pilot, have good IT skills but do not have your own device or have an unstable internet connection please complete the survey as we may be able to loan equipment to you.
Would You Like to Take Part?
If you would like to take part in the project, please complete our short expression of interest survey and a member of the Flex2Learn project team will be in touch shortly.
As this is a pilot, we will be asking learners to provide feedback and support with case studies on course content, tutor guidance and resources. The project will be externally evaluated by an organisation called Kantar. They will be asking for feedback in addition to the feedback we request.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact the project team through our contact form.
Are you an Employer?
Varying shift patterns can make it difficult for you or your staff to commit to traditional classroom-based learning. The Flex2Learn Project aim’s to help support people working in care or looking for work in care, to gain qualifications using a flexible, online learning platform.
If you are an employer and would like to be part of the Flex2Learn pilot we can offer mentoring training to staff who support F2L learning. Workplace mentors will receive 3 hours of mentor training and your organisation can claim £30 per hour, per mentor (up to 3 hours per month) for the duration of the Flex2Learn course.
For more information about the project, the courses on offer, advice and guidance on funding or details about how to participate, please contact us today.
We are offering reduce prices for our Blended Learning and Distance Learning offers within Flex2Learn.
ESOL Distance Learning & Blended Learning (based on 17 weeks) – £158*
ECDL Distance Learning & Blended Learning – £266*
Concessionary rates will still apply and financing options may still be available dependant on your circumstances. Please also note that if you are unemployed or are earning under £15,736.50pa, you will be entitled to this training fully funded.
*eligibility criteria applies.